About AMRITA SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING, Bangalore
The school seeks to prepare graduates with a solution-mindset and with a high degree of ethical standards. Recruiters from the best companies and institutes in India and abroad seek out these students.
Curriculum is framed with extensive industry input. All programs are credit-based. Departments are equipped with modern laboratories, design tools and software packages. Emphasis is laid on continuous evaluation of students. Faculty serve as class advisors and mentors to students.
The AMRITA SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING, Bangalore has a faculty strength of nearly one hundred and fifty. Several faculty have come to Amrita with rich experience from leading organizations and universities.
The AMRITA SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING, Bangalore traces its roots to the Amrita Institute of Technology & Science that was started in 2002 with a vision to produce quality engineers with an attitude of service, for the benefit of the society and nation.
Affiliated then to the Visveswaraiah Technological University, Belgaum, the AMRITA SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING, Bangalore is today one of the fifteen constituent schools of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham as per Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956.
Highly-qualified and experienced faculty members, state-of-the-art facilities and the extensive industry-academia interaction all serve to make engineering education at Amrita’s Bengaluru campus a unique and enriching experience.
|Location||o-36&37 Kasavanahalli Carmalram
Po Off Sarjapura Road,
Hosa Rd, Bangalore, Karnataka
Engineering Branches Available:
|Computer Science and Engineering|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering|
Placement & Training
The Directorate of Corporate & Industry Relations (CIR) strives to achieve excellent placement of students each year. A proven track record of consistent high quality placements year-on-year is one of the reasons for many bright students opting for admissions in Amrita.
Placements for students of engineering, arts & sciences and allied courses are handled by one group of experts with Head-Placement at the top, with support from Placement Managers positioned at other campuses.
Some of the key aspects that are taken into account by the placement team are as follows:
- Ensuring summer and winter internships and final placements of students from all branches of Amrita Schools of Engineering as well as Arts and Sciences, Communication, Social Work and Biotechnology, in reputed organisations.
- Improving the quality of placements in terms of job opportunities, companies of relevance that visit the campus and the highest and average salaries.
Placements at AMRITA SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING, Bangalore have always been excellent. Students who are eligible and opt for placements have more than one job offer, on an average. Exercising their dream option, some of them have up to three job offers by the end of their course.
Some highlights of the placements have been:
- Consistent, near-100% placements in the past for Engineering and above 75% for the others.
- Dream option available for placed students to go for higher packages and better job profiles.
- Highest packages consistently in double figures in lakhs p.a. for the last several years.
- Placement statistics for the year 2012-2013 are given below:
* Percentage of Students Placed: 99.23
* No. of Companies Visited: 80
* Average Salary (Lakhs / year): 3.62
* Maximum Salary (Lakhs / year): 13.84
* Highest Salary Paid by: Amazon
At Amrita, companies vie with each other to be the early birds for hiring, thanks to the quality of students, past and present. Our alumni have created such a great impression in the minds of their employers through hard work, commitment and a rare sense of dedication to the profession that all our past recruiters come again and again to recruit, their offtake increasing with each passing year.
Amrita alumni hold leading positions in companies of international reckoning. Companies compliment the institution for the significant contributions made by Amrita graduates in their respective fields. Moreover, they talk about the positive influence of Amritians’ personal behavior on their colleagues.
The Career facilitation / placement team follows the following process:-
- Enhancing industry-academia association through frequent visits, interactions with the top management and facilitation of Faculty Development Programmes, Student Visits, Industrial Training, and Project Guidance under Corporate Action Plan.
- Updating / reviewing the placement policy in terms of number of opportunities, career options, etc., from time to time (The latest Placement Policy).
- Utilising the vast network of alumni, the corporate relations departments of sister institutions / other campuses and eminent personalities who are devotees of AMMA, for the benefit of students.
- Obtaining feedback from employers on the performance of students to enhance the quality of students.
- Obtaining feedback from employers on the performance of alumni and any other information that is relevant for upgrading the course content / syllabus.
- Assisting in improving the employability of the students by organising special training with the help of experts from industry.
- Building rapport with the top management of companies by organising visits of CEOs, COOs, Presidents, VPs and GMs to the university.
List of companies that have recruited Amrita students in the past.
|ACCENTURE||ACCORD SOFT||ADITI TECHNOLOGIES||PAYODA TECHNOLOGY||SYNDICATE BANK|
|AGC NETWORKS||ABCO (The Advisory Board Company)||AMAZON||PEROT SYSTEMS||TALLY SOLUTIONS|
|ARICENT||ARICENT||ASIAN PAINTS||POLARIS SOFTWARE||TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES|
|APOLLO TYRES||ATLAS HEALTH CARE SOFTWARE||BANK OF BARODA||PRDC||TATA ADVANCED MATERIALS|
|BEROE INC.||BLUE DART AVIATION||BLUE STAR||QuEST GLOBAL||TATA TECHNOLOGIES|
|BGR ENERGYSYSTEMS||BRAKES INDIA||BIRLA SOFT||QWEST TELECOM||TATA ELXSI|
|BIOGENEX||CATERPILLAR||CIRCOR FLOW TECHNOLOGIES||RANE TRW STEERING SYSTEMS||TATA AUTOCOMP SYSTEMS|
|CISCO SYSTEMS||COGNIZANT||COMPUTER SCIENCE CORPORATION||RENAULT NISSAN TECH. & BUSINESS CENTRE||TECH MAHINDRA|
|CORDYS SOFTWARE||CROMPTON GREAVES||CUMMINS||RELIANCE POWER||TECHNIP INDIA|
|CVC TECHNOLOGIES||DEFIANCE TECHNOLOGIES||DELPHI AUTOMOTIVE SYSTEMS||ROBERT BOSCH||TESCO|
|DOW CHEMICALS||ECOLAB||ENERCON MUSIGMA BUSINESS SOLUTIONS||ROYAL ENFIELD||THOUGHTWORKS|
|ERICSSON||ESSAR STEELS||ESAB INDIA||SAFRAN||TITAN INDUSTRIES|
|FENNER INDIA||FIDELITY BUSINESS SERVICES||FLOWSERVE||SAGGEZZA||TISMO|
|FORD INDIA||GMMCO||SANMAR ENGINEERING CORPORATION||TOYOTA KIRLOSKAR AUTO PARTS|
|HCL TECHNOLOGIES||HEXAWARE TECHNOLOGIES||HINDUSTAN UNILIVER||SAP LABS||TOSHIBA EMBEDDED SOFTWARE|
|HINDUSTAN MOTORS||HONEYWELL TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS||HEWLETTE PACKARD||SAINT- GOBAIN GLASS||TRACTOR & FARM EQUIPMENTS|
|HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES INDIA||HYUNDAI MOTORS||IBM INDIA||SAMSUNG||UCAL FUEL SYSTEMS|
|IBS SOFTWARE||I-NAUTIX||INFOSYS||SASKEN||UST GLOBAL|
|INFOTECH ENTERPRISES||INDIAN OIL CORPORATION||IP INFUSION SOFTWARE||SCHNEIDER||UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS|
|ISRO||JUNIPER NETWORKS||KLA TENCOR||SCM MICROSYSTEMS||VERIZONE INDIA|
|KSB PUMBS||KPIT CUMMINS||LARSEN & TOUBRO||SHANTHI GEARS||VEESONS ENERGY SYSTEMS|
|L&T CONSTRUCTION||L&T INTEGRATED ENGINEERING SERVICES||L&T INFOTECH||SHOBA DEVELOPERS||VIDEOCON|
|LEITNER SHRIRAM||LISTER TECHNOLOGIES||LMS INDIA ENGINEERING SOLUTIONS||SIEMENS||VIRTUSA INDIA|
|LUCAS TVS||LUCID IMAGING||MADRAS CEMENTS||SKANRAY HEALTHCARE||WELSET PLAST EXTRUSIONS|
|MAGTORQ DESIGN||MAHINDRA ENGINEERING||MAHINDRA & MAHINDRA||SKAVA SYSTEMS||WHEELS INDIA|
|MAHINDRA SATYAM||MANGALORE CHEMICALS & FERTILIZERS||MAPLES ESM||SOLITON TECHNOLOGIES||WINWIND POWER ENERGY|
|MARICO||MICROSOFT||MICROCHIP TECHNOLOGY||SOURCEBITS TECHNOLOGIES||WIPRO|
|MINDTREE||MISTRAL SOLUTIONS||MPHASIS||SOUTH INDIAN BANK||ZENSAR TECHNOLOGIES|
|MRF||THERMAX||MYTRAH ENERGY||SUNDARAM FASTENERS||ZOHO CORPORATION|
|NATIONAL INSTRUMENTS||NeST||NIIT TECHNOLOGIES||SUBEX SYSTEMS||SYNTEL|
|NOKIA||NOKIA SIEMENS||IGATE PATNI||SYMANTEC||PACE MICRO TECHNOLOGY|
|INFOTECH ENTERPRISES||IRE–TEX PREMIER|
A few Global Players
- ABB, KUWAIT
- AL ANSARI, OMAN
- BIN DASMAL, DUBAI
- CAPE EAST, ABUDHABI / SAUDI / BAHRAIN
- DOLPHIN IMAGING, CALIFORNIA
- GOLDEN WAY EMW, DUBAI
- NSH CORPORATION, SAUDI
- PRESTIGE ENGG., SHARJAH
- QATAR STEEL, DOHA
- SAUD BAHWAN, MUSCAT
- UAE EXCHANGE, DUBAI
List of Bangalore Engineering colleges
For Engineering degree admission enquiries at AMRITA SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING, Bangalore, submit the Online Enquiry form